Bobcaygeon Community Build
Meet the Molleson Family
Buffy and her children Ashton & Ocean
The Molleson family’s future is looking brighter after being selected to own one of two Habitat homes being built in Bobcaygeon this spring.
To Buffy, it means a way to overcome a previously insurmountable obstacle, and a way to provide a stable home for her children. “I have always wanted to own my own home, I just never had what was needed to get a mortgage,” says Buffy. “I am overwhelmed with appreciation and I am deeply grateful for this chance to better the lives of myself and my children.”
The Molleson family has been searching for a decent and affordable place to call home. Ashton’s autism and developmental delays mean accessibility around the family’s current apartment is a big problem. Their new Habitat home will be safe, decent and affordable with necessary accessibility accommodations built in.
“I have always wanted stability for my children. They have never had a backyard to play in. They have never been able to invite friends over. They have never had a birthday party at home,” says Buffy.
Buffy Molleson is excited to know that while her kids are watching their new home being built, they’ll also be watching the community come together. She plans to teach them to never take anything for granted, and to show Ashton and Ocean that what may seem unreachable is in fact possible!
Looking to become involved in our Bobcaygeon Build?
Ways that I can contribute?
• Volunteering on a build site
• Making food for volunteers
• Volunteering time and skill on a Bobcaygeon-specific team (e.g., fundraising, public awareness, leadership and co-ordination)
• Dropping off home furnishings at a ReStore (be sure to let them know that credit for the drop off should go to the Bobcaygeon build)
• Making a financial donation
• Donating building materials (tools, flooring, electrical, lumber, windows, doors, furnaces, hot water tanks, etc.), or supplying them at cost-reduced prices
• Donating professional labour and services such as plumbing, electrical, drywall, roofing, HVAC or crane services to raise the roof of the home
Contact Christina Skuce, Director of Philanthropy & Communications, 705.750.1456 ext 208, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about volunteering, contact Brittany Price, Community Engagement Coordinator, 705.750.1456 ext 205. Email email@example.com