ReStore Inventory Supervisor
Habitat for Humanity ReStore – Lindsay, ON
Full-time, Contract Position
Lindsay Store location
Reports To: ReStore Manager
‘BUILD’ your future with us!
If you love working with people, have amazing customer service and are looking to make an impact, then keep reading!
Habitat for Humanity PKR is seeking a friendly and energetic individual to join our team at our new Kawartha Lakes Restore location at 55 Angeline Street N, Lindsay. Reporting to the ReStore Manager, the ReStore Inventory Supervisor will assist with the daily operations of the retail store. This includes accepting donations of gently used furniture, appliances, overstocked, seconds, used, discontinued items and salvageable building materials donated by manufacturers, stores, contractors and individuals. This individual assists in organizing and delegating volunteers for tasks and ensures a positive ReStore experience for all.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a great cause. No two days are the same, so if you are looking for a fast paced and constantly changing role, then the ReStore is the place for you!
• Responsible for ensuring that volunteers and staff follow the policies, procedures and guidelines of the Habitat for Humanity Lindsay ReStore.
• Ensure customers and donors receive pleasant, fair and equitable treatment at all times.
• Work with the ReStore Manager towards the training of all staff and volunteers to enable them to competently perform their responsibilities as outlined in the ReStore policies and procedures.
• Act as an ambassador for Habitat for Humanity
• Process all donations in accordance with HFHPKR policies and procedures, priced before they are put out for sale and stocked in a timely fashion
• Cash register operation
• Daily cash and sales reconciliation
• Tracking donations that require a tax receipt
• Determining the acceptability of donated product, based on Habitat for Humanity ReStore guidelines and informing customers of these guidelines
• Accepting donations into the ReStore
• Inventory management
• Driving truck and forklift/stacker, as required
• Loading & unloading of product
• Processing, cleaning and pricing of product
• Training and supervision of ReStore associates and volunteers
• Appraising, pricing and recording of GIK values
• Store Merchandising in a dynamic store with inventory that is always different
• Complaint resolution
• Maintaining good consistent store standards and conditions
• Develop and maintain local community involvement through events and participation
• Preparation of deposits and daily sales reports
• Ensure the following forms are completed, when applicable:
o Volunteer Release Waiver & Safety Guidelines
o Volunteer Sign-In Sheets
o Incident Reports
• Ensure safe operation of the ReStore at all times, including:
o Proper storage of materials
o Hazard awareness and control of possible incidents
o Reporting all incidents and hazards to ReStore Manager
• Provide excellent customer service
• Assist customers with sales and questions
• Respond to donor and customer inquiries about Habitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region and the ReStore’s Mission
Safety & Warehouse Maintenance
• Responsible along with ReStore Manager for completing required daily inspections and delegating tasks that arise to remain compliant with Health and Safety standards.
• Ensures daily that aisles are accessible, free of product and other safety hazards such as leaning or otherwise unsecured items
• Responsible for all staff, volunteers and shoppers adhering to internal and provincial safety policies and procedures (signage, fire extinguishers, first aid supplies, clear and safe access routes and aisles (interior and exterior), maintenance of safety equipment and tools, etc.
• Works to keep the entire store including bathrooms, staff area and all merchandising units and product are cleaned on a regular basis
Other Regular Duties
• Organize garbage disposal, e-waste, metal and textile collection
• Ensure recycling practices are being followed
• Cleaning & maintenance duties of product and public areas as required
• Other duties and tasks, as assigned
This individual is expected perform all store functions. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Will experience frequent bending, squatting, lifting and repetitive motion.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Post-secondary degree or diploma
• 2-5+ years of Management experience
• 2-5+ years of Retail experience
• Physical ability to lift 50 lbs
• Proactive individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work under pressure
• Computer excel, word and outlook proficiency
• Experience using a variety of social media tools (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.) and an understanding of best practices for their use
• Fluency in English essential
• Organized individual with time management and prioritizing skills
• Confident, proactive individual who can work well individually or as part of a team
Assets (though not required):
• Understanding of volunteer engagement
• Knowledge of renovation and building materials
• CSA approved safety footwear, to be worn at all times
• Successful completion of Emergency First Aid and/or CPR training as required and provided by Habitat PKR
• Successful completion of other training as required and provided by Habitat PKR
• Ability to perform heavy lifting on a regular basis
How to Apply:
If you love working with people and are interested in making a difference in the lives of families, as well as supporting our community, then we’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position title and store location in the subject line. Please include why you would like to work at Habitat for Humanity PKR and your salary expectations in your cover letter. This position will remain open until filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Habitat for Humanity PKR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Habitat for Humanity PKR is committed to ensuring a barrier-free, accessible and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon individual request, we will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
Internal candidates with the required skill-set are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Habitat for Humanity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.