Job Title: Construction Site Supervisor
Vacancies: 2 positions
Position Type: Contract
Location: 300 Milroy Drive, Peterborough Ontario
Looking to make a real difference and impact in your community? Want to work with an amazing group of professionals and an inspiring team?
Established in 2002, Habitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region is a non-profit housing organization that brings communities together to help families build strength, stability, and independence through affordable homeownership. Through volunteer labour and donations of money and materials, Habitat builds houses in partnership with homeowner families. We offer lower-income families a ‘hand-up’, not a ‘hand-out’. The ‘hand-up’ comes in the form of a 0% interest mortgage, with no down payment, and geared to income monthly payments.
The Construction Site Supervisor will be responsible and accountable for the leadership, coordination, and management of Habitat’s build sites in Peterborough and the Kawartha Region. Working closely with the COO, the Construction Supervisor will be tasked with:
- Leading general or specific construction tasks (layout, framing, insulation, painting, etc.)
- Guiding volunteers on how to complete certain tasks
- Welcoming and orientating new volunteers to the build site
- Completing daily safety routines and creating a safe work environment
- Training volunteers on how to use materials and tools safely
- Monitor first aid/safety equipment and providing first aid when necessary
- Picking up/delivering materials and tools from storage and suppliers
- Keeping the job site clean and eliminating safety hazards
WHAT YOU BRING
- 2 years experience in Construction Management and 1-year experience in Customer Service (preferred)
- Experience and knowledge of practices, methods, equipment/tools and techniques pertaining to residential construction
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as house construction plans and manuals
- Knowledge of safety precautions and standards regarding building construction and power tools
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Training Certificate (preferred)
- Ability to lift 50lbs and do physical work on a daily basis
- Valid drivers license and criminal record check are required
- Ability to work flexible hours
- A clear criminal record check
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are asked to forward their resume and cover letter to email@example.com as soon as possible stating the job title in the subject line.
Habitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region is an inclusive employer and is seeking someone who is willing to contribute to a larger mission. While we appreciate all applications, we can only contact those who have been selected for interviews.