Accepting applications for a 4-bedroom home in Lindsay!

Posted: 28-Mar-2023

Habitat PKR is looking for a family to partner with for a 4-bedroom home in Lindsay! The semi-detached home, located on Hamilton Street in Lindsay, is an existing Habitat home, and is ready for occupancy to a new Habitat family!

about the affordable 4-bedroom Lindsay Home

• built in 2019
  • 2 parking spaces available
  • 1 bedroom on the upper floor, 3 bedrooms on the main floor, with a den/play area
  • 1 full bathroom on the upper floor, and 1 half bathroom on the main floor
  • Includes appliances: dishwasher, fridge, stove, washer, dryer
  • Natural gas-forced air heating
  • Partially fenced backyard
  • Shed included

FAQ (frequently asked questions)

Who can apply?

• Families looking for a 3-4 bedroom home

How do I know if I qualify?

• Need household income of $35,000 to $84,000
  • Payments will be set at 30% of your gross income

How much debt can I have and still qualify?

• The amount of debt will depend on your income
  • Maximum GDS is 32% and TDS is 42%

Can I have pets?

• Yes, pets are allowed.

Where are the closest schools?

• Leslie Frost Public School, St. Mary Catholic Elementary School, Central Senior Public School

What are the homeowner workshops I have to attend?

• Habitat 101
  • Financial Literacy
  • Buying and Funding Your New Home
  • Protecting Your Home and Family
  • Maintaining Your Home

interested in living here?

Do you dream of owning your own home, but despite all your efforts, are having trouble saving enough for a down payment and don’t qualify for a conventional mortgage? Homeownership may be closer than you think, thanks to Habitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region’s hand-up into affordable homeownership. Read the full Family Selection Criteria and application process here. 

have a question?

Join our Virtual Information Session with our Housing Program Manager, Nicole Haire, to learn more about the application process, eligibility criteria, and be able to ask questions about the Homeownership Program. Register today.

want to support this affordable housing in your community?

If you would like to donate to help Habitat PKR’s affordable home building projects in your community, please click here.

Thank you for your interest in supporting Habitat PKR in providing much-needed safe, decent and affordable housing in Peterborough & the Kawartha Region. Your generosity helps families, individuals, couples, & seniors, achieve their dream of purchasing their own home, helping local households build strength, stability, and independence.