the store that builds homes
COVID-19 UPDATE – all of the ReStores in Lindsay and Peterborough are now open again with reduced hours (10 am to 4 pm Monday through Sunday).
To ensure a safe environment that protects everyone’s health and wellness, each location will maintain strict adherence to social distancing protocols outlined by public health officials. Please be prepared to follow these guidelines and be patient with us.
- you will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entry
- you will be required to use a shopping cart. It will be disinfected after each use
- we kindly encourage all shoppers to wear a mask
- maintain at least a 2-meter distance
- the number of customers in-store at one time will be limited
- if you are feeling unwell, please stay home and we will be happy to serve you another day
If you prefer, you can continue to shop online and pick up your purchases via a contactless curbside pick-up.
We will continue to ask customers to schedule in advance their contactless donation drop-offs.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we transition to this new normal. We appreciate your continued support as we work together to build a community where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home.
What is a ReStore?
Habitat ReStores are non-profit home improvement and building supply stores that accept and resell quality new and gently-used building materials, furniture, appliances, home décor items, and now clothing and accessories.
Shopping at a Habitat ReStore is a socially conscious decision, as funds generated are used to fund local Habitat for Humanity homebuilding projects in your community. It’s also an environmentally conscious decision, as much of what is sold is product that is new, gently-used items that would otherwise end up in a landfill.
Each of the three ReStores in the Peterborough and Kawartha Region has its own distinctive inventory of items, which change daily as new items are donated by residents and businesses. You can expect to find items such as home décor, windows, doors, paint, furniture, hardware, lumber, tools, lighting fixtures, and appliances.
The ReStores in Peterborough and Lindsay have also started to accept clothing, shoes, accessories, and hangers donations. These items will be sold out of the Lindsay ReStore as part of a pilot program.
Every purchase creates the opportunity for a better life – a good deal for you, your community, and the environment!
100% of our operational costs are paid for by funds raised through our ReStores.
Shop the best ReStore deals from the comfort of your home! Every purchase helps build affordable homes in your community.
With our constantly changing inventory, prices well below retail, frequent markdowns and one-of-a-kind items, you’re sure to find something you just can’t live without. Make sure to stop by often. If you miss a day, you might just miss a deal!Our Locations
Remodelling, moving, cleaning out, or downsizing? Donate your excess household goods and building materials to ReStore! Your donation will help support local families, instead of ending up in your local landfill. Every donation helps a family build a safe, decent and affordable home.Free Pickups! Request Pickup
From customer service to furniture repair, ReStore offers a multitude of fun and fulfilling volunteer opportunities geared toward individual interests and skills. By giving your time, you’re helping low-income families build a brighter future. No experience necessary.Learn More
- Monday – Sunday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Monday – Sunday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
What we Take
- Kitchens and cabinetry
- New-condition sinks, toilets and vanities
- Unused flooring and tile (must be bundled)
- New & like new windows
- Interior and exterior doors
- New or like new home furniture
- New or like new office supplies and furniture
- Seasonal tools and supplies
- Scrap metal
- Appliances in working condition
- Home decor items
- Dishes and glassware
- New building supplies
- Lighting and electrical supplies
- Aquariums and terrariums (clean)
- All Electronics working or not working
- Particle board entertainment units
- Used furniture that is damaged, stained or unassembled
- Floral patterned couches
- Incomplete bedframes (must have side rails and all parts)
- Blinds, shutters and curtains
- Glass or mirrors without frames
- Bricks and paving stones
- Used cabinet doors (without full cabinets)
- Cut laminate countertops
- Flat panel doors
- Opened and unwrapped insulation
- Dismantled exercise equipment
- Used sheets, towels, beddingUsed gas fireplaces
- Helmets (hockey, bicycle, etc)
- Used light bulbs
- Mattresses or box springs
- Playground equipment, strollers, cribs, highchairs and toys