the store that builds homes
In compliance with the provincial government regulations, the Habitat ReStore locations in Lindsay and Peterborough are currently offering curbside pickup services and donation drop-offs ONLY. We are closed for in-store shopping. Our online ReStore will continue to be available to you anytime at habitatrestorepkr.ca. We are also happy to be your personal shopper. Call us and we can answer your questions, send you pictures of items that may be just what you are looking for, schedule your contactless curbside pick up, and more (store details below).
Thank you our valued customers, donors, and volunteers for your continued support, patience, and understanding during this time, as well as to our dedicated employees who are going the extra mile for us during this challenging time. It’s because of your support that we will all get through this together and continue to build strength, stability, and self-reliance through affordable homeownership in the Peterborough and the Kawartha Region.
For corporate donations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can drop off your donations or pick up your purchases curbside, from 9 am to 5 pm, Tuesday to Saturday. We are also here to answer your phone, email, and social media inquiries during those times/days.
All customers are asked to wear masks when dropping off donations (during scheduled hours) or picking up items curbside. Customers are reminded that all donations must be in good condition (free of stains, rips, tears, etc.) and from a smoke-free home. Our ReStore donation pick-up service is suspended until further notice. For more info please contact email@example.com.
WHAT IS A RESTORE?
Habitat ReStores are non-profit home improvement and building supply stores that accept and resell quality new and gently-used building materials, furniture, appliances, home décor items, and now clothing and accessories. Shopping at a Habitat ReStore is a socially conscious decision, as funds generated are used to fund local Habitat for Humanity homebuilding projects in your community. It’s also an environmentally conscious decision, as much of what is sold is product that is new, gently-used items that would otherwise end up in a landfill.
Each of the three ReStores in the Peterborough and Kawartha Region has its own distinctive inventory of items, which change daily as new items are donated by residents and businesses. You can expect to find items such as home décor, windows, doors, paint, furniture, hardware, lumber, tools, lighting fixtures, and appliances. Every purchase creates the opportunity for a better life – a good deal for you, your community, and the environment!
100% of our operational costs are paid for by funds raised through our ReStores.
Shop the best ReStore deals from the comfort of your home! Every purchase helps build affordable homes in your community.
With our constantly changing inventory, prices well below retail, frequent markdowns and one-of-a-kind items, you’re sure to find something you just can’t live without. Make sure to stop by often. If you miss a day, you might just miss a deal!Our Locations
Remodelling, moving, cleaning out, or downsizing? Donate your excess household goods and building materials to ReStore! Your donation will help support local families, instead of ending up in your local landfill. Every donation helps a family build a safe, decent and affordable home.Request Pickup
From customer service to furniture repair, ReStore offers a multitude of fun and fulfilling volunteer opportunities geared toward individual interests and skills. By giving your time, you’re helping low-income families build a brighter future. No experience necessary.Learn More
- Tuesday – Saturday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday – Saturday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
What we Take
- Kitchens and cabinetry
- New-condition sinks, toilets, and vanities
- Clothing, accessories, and shoes
- Unused flooring and tile (must be bundled)
- New & like new windows
- Interior and exterior doors
- New or like-new home furniture
- New or like-new office supplies and furniture
- Seasonal tools and supplies
- Scrap metal
- Vehicles, cars, trucks, etc.
- Appliances in working condition
- Home decor items
- Dishes and glassware
- New building supplies
- Books, DVDs, CDs, vinyl records
- Board games, antiques, collectibles
- Sports memorabilia
- Lighting and electrical supplies
- Aquariums and terrariums (clean)
- All Electronics working or not working
- Particleboard entertainment units
- Furniture that is damaged, stained, torn, unassembled, or from a non-smoke-free home
- Floral patterned couches
- Incomplete bedframes (must have side rails and all parts)
- Blinds, shutters, and curtains
- Glass or mirrors without frames
- Bricks and paving stones
- Used cabinet doors (without full cabinets)
- Cut laminate countertops
- Flat-panel doors
- Opened and unwrapped insulation
- Dismantled exercise equipment
- Used sheets, towels, bedding
- Used gas fireplaces
- Helmets (hockey, bicycle, etc.)
- Used light bulbs
- Mattresses or box springs
- Playground equipment, strollers, cribs, highchairs