the store that builds homes
Lindsay and Peterborough ReStores are open for in-person shopping. In compliance with the provincial mandate, masks are no longer required to enter the ReStores facilities. We want everyone to feel safe and comfortable while visiting our Habitat Office & ReStores, so please make a choice that best suits your needs. We ask that all visitors be respectful and kind to one another’s individual choices on mask-wearing, and try to practice social distancing when possible.
WHAT IS A RESTORE?
Habitat ReStores are non-profit home improvement and building supply stores that accept and resell quality new and gently-used building materials, furniture, appliances, and home décor items. Shopping at a Habitat ReStore is a socially conscious decision, as funds generated are used to fund local Habitat for Humanity homebuilding projects in your community. It’s also an environmentally conscious decision, as much of what is sold, is a new product, gently-used items that would otherwise end up in a landfill.
For more info or corporate donations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each of the three ReStores in the Peterborough and Kawartha Region has its distinctive inventory of items, which changes daily as new items are donated by residents and businesses. You can expect to find items such as home décor, windows, doors, paint, furniture, hardware, lumber, tools, lighting fixtures, and appliances. Every purchase creates the opportunity for a better life – a good deal for you, your community, and the environment!
100% of our operational costs are paid for by funds raised through our Habitat ReStores.
Please note that donation drop-offs will continue to be accepted at both Peterborough ReStores and the Lindsay ReStore.
Please note that all donations must be in good condition (free of stains, rips, tears, etc.) and from a smoke-free home. Please scroll down this page for more information on which items the Habitat ReStore gladly accepts and which items we’re unable to accept.
If you are unable to bring your donated items to the ReStore, we can arrange a pick-up at your business, home, or office for FREE. We will also pick up family estates.
To request a pick-up, you can visit our ReStore Pick-Up Request Form or contact our Procurement Department by calling 705-874-3458 or emailing email@example.com with photos of the items you wish to donate with your name and address.
Planning a renovation? Looking to get rid of large or built-in items? Our professional ReStore Deconstruction & Salvage Team can come to your home and carefully and efficiently dismantle major household items such as kitchen cabinets, countertops, appliances, bathroom fixtures, and more. All at NO COST to you. Visit our Kitchen Salvage Page to learn more.
NEED HELP? LET US SHOP FOR YOU!
We can be your personal shopper and do the shopping for you. Call us and we can let you know what we have in stock. We’ll send you photos/prices of any items that may fit what you’re looking for. And we’d be happy to answer any questions that you may have and help you out, reach out to us at:
- Lindsay ReStore – 705-880-4663 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peterborough North ReStore – 705-750-1456 or email@example.com
- Peterborough South ReStore – 705-742-8572 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow our social pages to get updates on available items in the ReStore:
Peterborough Habitat ReStore Facebook
Peterborough North ReStore Instagram
Peterborough South ReStore Instagram
Lindsay Habitat ReStore Facebook
Lindsay ReStore Instagram
With our constantly changing inventory, prices well below retail, frequent markdowns and one-of-a-kind items, you’re sure to find something you just can’t live without. Make sure to stop by often. If you miss a day, you might just miss a deal!Our Locations
Remodelling, moving, cleaning out, or downsizing? Donate your excess household goods and building materials to ReStore! Your donation will help support local families, instead of ending up in your local landfill. Every donation helps a family build a safe, decent and affordable home.Request Pickup
From customer service to furniture repair, ReStore offers a multitude of fun and fulfilling volunteer opportunities geared toward individual interests and skills. By giving your time, you’re helping low-income families build a brighter future. No experience necessary.Learn More
- Monday – Saturday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Monday – Saturday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
What we Take
- Kitchens and cabinetry
- New-condition sinks, toilets, and vanities
- Unused flooring and tile (must be bundled)
- New & like new windows
- Interior and exterior doors
- New or like-new home furniture
- New or like-new office supplies and furniture
- Seasonal tools and supplies
- Scrap metal
- Vehicles, cars, trucks, etc.
- Appliances in working condition
- Home decor items
- Dishes and glassware
- New building supplies
- Books, DVDs, CDs, vinyl records
- Board games, antiques, collectibles
- Sports memorabilia
- Lighting and electrical supplies
- Aquariums and terrariums (clean)
- All Electronics working or not working
- Particleboard entertainment units
- Furniture that is damaged, stained, torn, unassembled, or from a non-smoke-free home
- Floral patterned couches
- Incomplete bedframes (must have side rails and all parts)
- Blinds, shutters, and curtains
- Glass or mirrors without frames
- Bricks and paving stones
- Used cabinet doors (without full cabinets)
- Cut laminate countertops
- Flat-panel doors
- Opened and unwrapped insulation
- Dismantled exercise equipment
- Used sheets, towels, bedding
- Textbooks & magazines
- Used gas fireplaces
- Helmets (hockey, bicycle, etc.)
- Used light bulbs
- Mattresses or box springs
- Playground equipment, strollers, cribs, highchairs