Meaning of Home – is Back!

Posted: 08-Nov-2020

The Meaning of Home writing contest is back! Starting in January, we’re asking students in Grades 4, 5, and 6 what home means to them for the chance to win a $30,000 grant for Habitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region! That’s not all — for every submission, $10 will also be donated to your local Habitat. For more details, visit meaningofhome.ca.

Did you know that a runner up in the 2020 Meaning of Home writing contest was from Peterborough? Earlier this year, grade 6 student, Siena, won $10,000 to support Habitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region’s building of 41 decent, affordable condos in Peterborough.

“What does home mean to me? Home to me is a place where I can relax, laugh, cry and be myself. At home I don’t need to act like someone or something I’m not. Home is a place where I can be myself and feel good about it. And most importantly feel safe.” You can read more of Siena’s winning entry by clicking here.

For more info on the Meaning of Home contest in the Peterborough and Kawartha Region, please email moh@habitatpkr.ca.