What It Means To Me That My Family Gets To Own A Condo

Posted: 06-Dec-2021
A childs colourful drawing of Leahy's Lane condo unit

It means a lot to me that my family can get a condo with Habitat For Humanity. We have never owned a home before. This will be exciting for me.

One of the big reasons I am excited about the condo is that I can decorate and paint it however I want. I have never been able to do that. I want to paint my walls blue, and use stencils and spray paint to draw cool pictures.

I am also excited about how I will be closer to family. My Oma lives in walking distance away from the condo. I could walk there and visit all the time, which would be nice because I would rather be closer to my Oma’s than I am right now.

It is also a safer and nicer environment. I live in an apartment on Lansdowne right now, and I can’t really play outside. It’s not safe with the road, and some of the people. I really want to play outside.

At our current spot we are at right now, we don’t have a lot of extra money after rent and bills to do stuff together as a family. When we move it will be a lot cheaper, and the extra money we can use to do stuff as a family like travel, and go to fun places far away.

One of the coolest parts of the condo is that I will get to see an old friend. One of the other condo owners used to live where we do now. I became friends with her grandson, but havent seen him since she moved. It will be fun to see him again, and play video games and scooter like we used to.

It will be exciting to go to a new school, and make new friends. Hopefully some of my new friends will live closer to the condo, and I can go play with them more often than I can play with my friends now.

It will also be amazing to have laundry and a dish washer in the condo. I currently have to walk down 3 flights of stairs and use quarters when I am doing my laundry chores. It is going to make my chores much easier to do.

These are some of the reasons I am excited about my family getting a condo with Habitat For Humanity.

Written by 11 year old Jack who will soon be moving into a Habitat condo at Leahy’s Lane with his family.