An experience like no other for your company or group. No construction experience required! You will have fun, connect with your colleagues in a meaningful way, and leave the build site proud of your accomplishments, your colleagues, and your organization.
Thank you for your interest in partnering with Habitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region! Build Days can be a fulfilling way to engage and enhance your team while giving back to the community in the Peterborough and Kawartha Region.
what is a Habitat Build Day?
Come build with us! Participants of all skill levels and abilities are welcome – no construction experience required! This one-of-a-kind employee engagement opportunity offers your organization the chance to invest in your employees while making a real difference in the lives of hard-working families and the communities in which they live. Your team will learn useful skills as they work side-by-side in a safe environment under the leadership of experienced Habitat Peterborough & Kawartha Region crew leaders.
Whether your staff or group have never swung a hammer or are already skilled in the construction field, they can all be part of our Build Day program.
Your team members will come together on a Habitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region build site, roll up their sleeves and work to support families to build strength, stability, and self-reliance through affordable homeownership.
Habitat Peterborough & Kawartha Region is able to customize build experiences to accommodate groups of varying sizes and interests utilizing several different options and projects, including new construction, ReStores, ReWorkshop, home repairs, and community revitalization projects.
- Give your employees a unique team-building experience.
- Provide a fun, interactive way to give back to the community.
- Cultivate an energetic and unified workforce.
- Enhance your company’s brand by being able to showcase your involvement.
how it works
A Habitat Build Day is ideal for corporate teams who are looking to give back to the community in a meaningful way while learning new skills. We take care of it all, from registration to tool belts. We can accommodate teams of 5 to 12 people (if you have a larger team, the day can potentially be split into shifts or locations – ask us for more details), with customizable programs to meet your employee engagement and team building objectives. Participants get the opportunity to work in collaborative groups to complete building tasks and accomplish something meaningful for their community.
For an exclusive team-building day for a corporate partner, we request that companies draw upon their corporate giving portfolio to help us, financially or with in-kind support, to continue to build homes in our local communities. In return, we provide you with a rewarding team-building experience and customized exposure for your company that goes beyond the build day.
As a Build Day team member, you help to pay for the building materials and the land, which greatly helps with the construction costs and directly benefits a Habitat partner family – while taking part in a rewarding and powerful team-building experience!
An investment in a Habitat Peterborough & Kawartha Region build is an investment in your team members, your community, and your corporate brand.
For more information on participation fees and availability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705-750-1456 ext. 205.
Your team’s safety is our first priority. Our Habitat Peterborough & Kawartha Region staff and volunteers will ensure that you are safe throughout the day. All participants are suited up with safety gear, trained and coached through a variety of construction tasks, while having fun.
day at a glance
- A full day’s work is typically from 8:15 am – 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Exclusive build day for a typical group size for one construction site of up to 12 people per shift, but varying options are available to accommodate larger groups.
- No experience is necessary! The day begins with an orientation with the Construction Manager and hands-on training. Tools and safety equipment are provided.
- Skilled Crew lead to guide your team.
- Habitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region commemorative build t-shirt.
- Lunch and snacks provided throughout the day.
- Water will be provided on-site, but we encourage you to bring your own water bottle.
- Invitation to the Home Dedication Ceremony
- Recognition of your business on Habitat Peterborough & Kawartha Region’s electronic build updates.
- Commemorative team photo and thank you letter on behalf of Habitat Peterborough & Kawartha Region.
- Recognition of your business on Habitat Peterborough & Kawartha Region’s social media pages.
minimum age requirements
The minimum age to volunteer on a construction site is 16. Volunteers under 18 years of age must have a Permission Form signed by their parent or guardian allowing them to work on any project.
If you have any additional questions, we encourage you to reach out to our Community Engagement Coordinator at email@example.com or 705-750-1456 ext. 205.