End of Lease Closure of Peterborough South ReStore – FAQs

Posted: 18-Apr-2024

It is with heavy hearts that Habitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region announces the closure of the Peterborough South ReStore this June, 2024.

Read End of Lease Closure of Peterborough South ReStore Announcement

Frequently Asked Questions about the Peterborough South ReStore End of Lease Closure 

Why is the Peterborough South ReStore closing?

Habitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region (Habitat PKR) was unable to find a suitable location to continue operations before the end of the lease at 550 Braidwood Ave.

Will there be another ReStore opening in the Peterborough area?

Habitat PKR is actively searching for a new property to house another ReStore in the City and County of Peterborough, the Kawartha Region, and the Haliburton Highlands. However, as of now, no new location has been secured. Our Peterborough North ReStore at 300 Milroy Drive continues to remain open for donations and shopping.

How can I continue to support Habitat PKR?

You can support Habitat PKR by shopping and donating at the Peterborough North ReStore at 300 Milroy Drive and the Lindsay ReStore at 55 Angeline St. N.

What will happen to the staff at the Peterborough South ReStore?

At this time, we are actively exploring opportunities to retain the staff from the Peterborough South ReStore within our other two ReStore locations. We are committed to supporting our team members during this transition.

Will the closure affect Habitat PKR’s affordable housing programs?

No, the closure of the Peterborough South ReStore will not impact Habitat PKR’s affordable housing programs. Their commitment to providing safe, decent, and affordable homeownership will continue with the support of the community and the other ReStore locations.

Can I still donate to Habitat PKR during this transition?

Yes, Habitat PKR is still accepting donations at their other two ReStore locations. Donors are encouraged to redirect their donations to the Peterborough North ReStore and the Lindsay ReStore.

Can I still volunteer with Habitat PKR?

Yes! We appreciate our volunteers and want you to know that there is always a place for you to volunteer at Habitat PKR. You can continue to volunteer at the Peterborough North ReStore, Lindsay ReStore, Peterborough Tool Library, Office and with our Kitchen and Home Deconstruction Team. Please get in touch with our Volunteer & Staff Engagement Manager Christine Sorensen at christine@habitatpkr.ca or 705-874-0201

What if I want to shop at the Peterborough South ReStore?

While the Peterborough South ReStore is closing, you can take advantage of their 50% Off Storewide End of Lease Sale starting April 22. Additionally, you can continue supporting Habitat PKR by shopping at the Peterborough North ReStore and Lindsay ReStore.

What will happen to the inventory at the Peterborough South ReStore?

The Peterborough South ReStore will have special end-of-lease sales as their closing date approaches starting on April 22 with 50% off storewide. Any remaining inventory after the closure will be diverted to our Peterborough North ReStore and Lindsay ReStore locations. For more information, please visit habitatpkr.ca/restores and stay tuned on our social media.

How can I help spread the word about the closure of the Peterborough South ReStore?

You can spread the word by informing your friends and family through word of mouth, sharing Habitat ReStore sales and information posts on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram, or by sharing a link to our website.

I know of a potential commercial space for a Habitat ReStore. How can I inform Habitat PKR?

If you know of an available commercial space suitable for a Habitat ReStore, you can contact Habitat PKR at info@habitatpkr.ca or call 705-874-0201 to provide the details.

How can I stay informed about updates regarding Habitat PKR and its ReStore locations?

Stay up-to-date with the latest ReStore news, events, and opportunities by signing up for our ReStore newsletter to receive regular updates directly to your inbox! Sign-up here.