Get answers to some of our most frequently asked questions about Habitat Peterborough’s new affordable 41-unit condo development at 33 Leahy’s Lane in Peterborough. Have a question that hasn’t been answered on our FAQ page? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
Apply to be a condo owner at 33 Leahy’s Lane in Peterborough.
FAQ (frequently asked questions)
Who can apply?
- Singles, Couples, Seniors, and Families
How do I know if I qualify?
- Need household income of $30,000 to $82,000
- Payments will be set at 30% of your gross income
How much debt can I have and still qualify?
- The amount of debt will depend on your income
- Maximum GDS is 32% and TDS is 42%
Can I have pets?
- Small household pets will be allowed, likely a max. of two
Is there a place for my bicycle?
- There will be a bicycle rack outside
- Habitat Peterborough will also rent storage rooms in the basement for a nominal monthly fee
Are there two parking spaces available?
- Habitat Peterborough will rent parking spots to those who need them for a nominal monthly fee
- Visitor parking, and handicapped parking available also
Is there a common room?
- Yes, on the main floor near the entrance
Is there a place for our children to play outside?
- There is a park ½ block away on Leahy’s Lane and the Nicol’s Oval Park is at the corner of Parkhill Road and Armour Road
Are there any appliances included?
- Yes, there will be a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, washer, and dryer included with each unit
What kind of heating is it?
- There will be natural gas heating and air conditioning
- Each owner will be responsible for their own heating costs
- The building is Insulated Concrete Form construction which uses 32% less energy to cool and 44% less energy to heat than typical wood-construction
Where are the closest schools?
- Armour Heights Public School and Thomas A. Stewart Secondary School are nearby
Are any of the units accessible for someone in a wheelchair?
- The building is 100% accessible, with an elevator and universal design
How much are condo fees?
We expect condo fees to be $250/month
Do I get to work on my own house?
- Unfortunately no, there will be no volunteers working on this condo project for liability reasons
What are the homeowner workshops I have to attend?
- Habitat 101
- Financial Literacy
- Buying and Funding Your New Home
- Protecting Your Home and Family
- Maintaining Your Home